I don't know if I've officially announced it yet, but...I MOVED...AGAIN! I moved to San Diego, California last month for school since I transferred from LIM College in NYC. I absolutely love it here so far, especially the weather and the scenery. Back in Indiana it's snowing and it's below zero degrees, so being in 70-80 degree weather is beyond awesome. Since moving I haven't had the chance to really get out and explore San Diego, because of getting adjusted to the area and attending school. That's why I was so excited to go to my first event in the Gaslamp Quarter located downtown. I attended a networking event and it was a great way to see what's out there, as far as the professionals, in the area and trying out new restaurants. I was saving this dress from Akira Chicago for an outing where I could show it off and make my presence known. What I really love about this dress is the open back and the way the straps wrap around. The pop of orange color in the dress brings out more personality in this outfit and looks nice with the color of the heels I chose to wear. I went with a more natural makeup look for the night because I thought it would look best with this dress and pulled my hair back to show it off. In all, I really like this look and I absolutely LOVE this dress! If you would like to see a short video on how the event went, please check out the video below. Also, check out my YouTube channel and subscribe to stay updated with how things are going and even see my move to SoCal.
I'm a little late on posting outfit inspiration for Valentine's Day. Oops! But, the motto is better late than never. So, I put together a little slideshow of looks I came up with inspired by Valentine's Day or Galentine's day(for the single ladies out there). I'm pretty sure that most of these outfits will cater to a wide variety. I made sure to include every type of girl. So take a look below and let me know which ones are your fave!
1. "The Adorable Look" is for those going for a sweet, delicate look. I paired a cute blush colored Micky Mouse sweater with a feather skirt, cheetah print flats, and a Givenchy bag. For the accessories, I included a rhinestone headband, pearl studs, and an Alex & Ali crown bracelet. Nothing says adorable like a Disney character.
2. "The Modern Day Carrie B. Look" is for those die hard Sex in the City fans wanting a modern day twist on Carrie Bradshaw's epic wardrobe. She always seemed to know how to pull off a nice tutu, so I decided to pair a crop top with a simple black tutu. The crop top has a bit of edge to it displaying a trendy graphic stating "Blame It On My Unicorn". I added a pair of metallic platforms, a black handbag, and a floppy black hat. As for accessories I added gold rings, a fur phone case, mirrored Ray-Ban aviators, and statement earrings. Funk it up this Valentine's Day with this outfit selection as inspiration.
3. "The Elegant Look" is a a very elegant and chic look. This look is for those wanting a classic look to celebrate love. This sophisticated black and white striped dress and pair of red pumps with a nice touch of a bow, are sure to make just enough of a statement. I added a pair of black and silver earrings with a nice watch to match. Last but not least, I added a selection of either a black Givenchy handbag or floral clutch to finish the look off.
4. "The Simple Look" is as it states something simple for those going for a chill look this Valentine's/Galentine's Day. A simple black romper is perfect if you are looking for something comfortable, but still stylish. Pairing it with a blush colored cardigan adds more to the laid back vibe this outfit of choice gives off. But pairing it with some lace up heels glamorizes this look almost instantly saying, " I don't care that much, but I care just enough to slay!". I added a marble designed clutch, clustered stud earrings, a chanel bangle, and a three layered necklace. Finally, I added a pair of retro sunglasses for a cool, polished finish.
5. "The Bedtime Look" is a classy, but sexy look for those looking to spice things up this Valentine's Day. Whether it be for someone special or for yourself, you won't disappoint with this number. This chic burgundy romper is perfect if you want to wear lingerie that's not too raunchy and doesn't give much away...yet. So, I added a pair of thigh high lace up boots with a velvet material adding to the aesthetic of this look. I also added ruby and gold colored earrings for a luxurious effect. Since it is Valentine's/Galentine's Day why not add to the romantic mood of the holiday with candles, aromatherapy, and spritzing perfume on yourself with the name "Desire". You're going to need a nice bag to carry this stuff in if you plan to go some where, so I added a great and classic Louis Vuitton duffle bag to carry your stuff in.
I hope you all have been inspired by the styling of these outfit choices. Have a very nice Valentine's/Galentine's Day this year!