Monday, July 7, 2014

First EDM Concert

I absolutely love dance and techno music. I have always listened to it at home and in the car dancing wildly to it. So how did I come to love this music so much? Well let me give you a little background on this. I used to work at modern TCBY/Mrs. Fields and the music they would play was dance/techno music. I worked a lot of hours, so I would hear this music all the time constantly. That is when I really started to get into it. I didn't really like that kind of music when it was first being introduced to the radio, but the songs I would hear in TCBY/Mrs. Fields were different. It was a more smooth sound and I came to understand the music of Morgan Page, John De Sohn, Tiesto, and many other artists. Every time I heard a song I liked I would check to see the name of the songs and artists. That is pretty much the story of how I came to love this kind of music.


Now that you have the background story it is easy to see why I was so excited to go to my first EDM concert. With some of my favorite artists performing such as Morgan Page, John Martin, and Chris Lake. I didn't know what to expect or what to wear so I was in for a pretty big surprise. I read online that EDM attire included wearing bathing suits, wigs, and other outlandish clothing, but I didn't know for sure if that would be right to wear to the one I was attending. I also didn't think I should trust some random post I found on the Internet. So I decided to just wear neon colors and leave it at that. Especially since it was so cold outside I was definitely not about to wear a swimsuit.



So as me and my brother get there, it was not exactly what I was expecting it to be. The post was right there were definitely girls there wearing bathing suit tops and other outlandish clothing. People were high and getting drunk. Everyone was grinding all over the place extremely sloppy. There really was no VIP section, which is what I paid extra money for. It was all in all a mess. To look on the bright side I did get to dance and see the voice for "Don't You Worry Child" ,by Swedish House Mafia,  John Martin perform and I saw my favorite, Morgan Page, in person. Also, got to hear my favorite song Helium by Chris Lake live. So, it was all a learning experience and as I go to other EDM events maybe it'll be different and I'll be more adjusted to the environment. Maybe I'll have more fun at my second one. My first experience though wasn't that great, but I'm keeping hope alive for my next one.



Quick Selfie!
























No comments:

Post a Comment